Supporting Your Professional and Personal Success
At Federated we have always known that our greatest value is our employees. That is why our commitment to fostering a dynamic and positive employment experience extends beyond the workplace and enhances the employees’ well-being both personally and professionally. Our benefit offerings are designed to equip Federated employees with resources and services to help them stay healthy, develop their careers, meet their financial goals and balance the demands of work and personal life. You’ll find our benefits program also provides the choices and flexibility to keep pace with your and your family’s changing needs.
Health & Welfare
- Medical/Prescription Drug Benefits
- Federated offers six PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) health insurance programs from which to choose. The plans are designed to provide high quality healthcare and prescription drug coverage options through an extensive nationwide network and mail order program.
- Vision plan
- Vision coverage includes exams, glasses or contact lenses as well as a discount for laser surgery. In-network and out-of-network benefits are available.
- Dental plan
- Two options of dental coverage that will cover the cost of routine dental care for employees and their families. Depending on the option, the plan may include orthodontic coverage for children up to the age of 19.
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- Employees can make pre-tax payroll contributions to a Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Employees can make pre-tax payroll contributions to a Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Employee profit sharing/401(k)
- Full Time Federated employees are eligible to begin making contributions on the 1st day of the month following date of hire. On a pre-tax basis employees can defer up to 50% of salary, subject to IRS limits. For the first 2% deferred, Federated will match 100%, for the next 4% deferred, Federated will match 50%. Employees are 100% vested after 6 years of service and must work 1000 hours per calendar year to be credited with a year of vesting.
- Employee accounts
- Payroll deductions in any of the Federated funds structured for individual investment.
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Employees are eligible to participate on the first day of the calendar quarter on or following the first day of employment and may contribute up to 10% of salary per pay.
- Long-term disability (LTD)
- Federated provides employees with LTD coverage equal to 60% of monthly salary at no cost for full and part time employees. Full time employees may elect to increase coverage to 70% of base salary.
Insurance and Disability Coverage
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Company provides basic coverage at no cost to employee with an option to purchase additional coverage.
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Company provides basic coverage at no cost to employee.
- Short-Term Salary Continuance (STSC)
- Federated provides a STSC benefit after three months of continuous service. Benefit level dependent upon employee class and length of service.
- Long Term Disability and Spouse Disability Insurance
- Company provided basic coverage for employee and spouse at no cost to employee with the option to purchase additional coverage.
Work Life Support Programs
- Paid Holidays
- Federated follows the NYSE holiday schedule and in 2015 employees will receive 9 paid holidays (subject to change.)
- Vacation Pay
- Federated provides paid vacation days to eligible employees
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Flexible work arrangements may be available to employees with prior management approval. Eligibility dependent upon nature of position, departmental and business needs, and employee performance.
- Life Balance Program
- The LifeBalance® Program is a confidential, comprehensive resource service designed to assist with balancing the demands of work with those of employees' personal life. All services are available to employees and their dependents, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. LifeBalance® counselors have access to local and national resources to provide information and referrals for a variety of issues.
- Education Assistance Program
- Federated's Education Assistance Program is to help employees improve their knowledge and skills in their current positions, and to pursue Federated career paths. In addition to personal development, the company recognizes the benefit to the entire organization of encouraging our employees to expand their learning. Employees are eligible to participate in this program upon hire.
- Commuter Reimbursement Services
- Commuter Reimbursement Services allows employees to set aside funds pre-tax to pay for work–related commuter expenses (parking and public transit).
- Travel Accident Insurance
- $500,000 benefit while traveling on company business at no cost.
- Federated offers a variety of resources to help employees lead a healthy lifestyle, including programs such as wellness fairs and flu shots.