Federated is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, security and integrity of client and shareholder information.
We want you to understand how Federated obtains information, how that information is used and how it is kept secure.
Personal Information Federated Collects
Federated may collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- We may collect information from you or your financial representative on account applications, other forms or electronically, such as your name, address, Social Security Number, assets and income.
- We may collect information from you or your financial representative through transactions, correspondence and other communications, such as specific investments and account balances.
- We may obtain other personal information in connection with providing you a financial product or service, such as depository or debit account numbers.
Information Sharing Policy
Except as described below, Federated does not share customer information or disclose any personal information about you. If you decide to close your account(s) or become an inactive customer, we will continue to follow these privacy policies and practices.
Federated will not disclose personal information, account numbers, access numbers or access codes for deposit or transaction accounts to any nonaffiliated third party for use in telemarketing, direct mail or other marketing purposes.
Federated limits the sharing of nonpublic personal information about you with financial or non-financial companies or other entities, including companies affiliated with Federated, and other, nonaffiliated third parties, to the following:
- Information that is necessary and required to process a transaction or to service a customer relationship. For example, with a company that provides account record keeping services or proxy services to shareholders.
- Information that is required or permitted by law. For example, to protect you against fraud or with someone who has a legal or beneficial interest, such as your power of attorney, or in response to a subpoena.
- We may disclose some or all of the information described above with companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf. For example, with the financial intermediary (bank, investment advisor, or broker-dealer) through whom you purchased Federated products or services, or with providers of marketing, legal, accounting or other professional services.
Federated maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your nonpublic personal information, and has procedures in place for its appropriate disposal and protection against its unauthorized access or use when we are no longer required to maintain the information.
When Federated shares nonpublic personal information, the information is made available for limited purposes and under controlled circumstances. We require third parties to comply with our standards for security and confidentiality. These requirements are included in written agreements between Federated and such third-party service providers.
Each of the following sections explains an aspect of Federated's commitment to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy.
Employee Access to Information
All Federated employees must adhere to Federated's privacy and confidentiality policies. Employee access to nonpublic personal information is authorized for business purposes only and is based on an employee's need for the information to service a customer's account or comply with legal requirements.
Visiting A Federated Website
- Federated's website maintains statistics about the number of visitors and the information viewed most frequently. These statistics are used to improve the content and level of service we provide to our clients and shareholders.
- Information or data entered into a website will be retained.
- Where registration or reentering personal information on a website is required, "cookies" are used to improve your online experience. A cookie is a small file stored on your computer that recognizes whether you have visited our site before and identifies you each time you visit. Cookies provide faster access into the website.
- We may also obtain non-personally identifiable Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses for all other visitors to monitor the number of visitors to the site; these addresses are never shared with any third party.
Restricted Access Website
Federated provides restricted sections of its websites for Investment Professionals and certain clients or shareholders. Information entered in these sites is only accessible by those individual clients or shareholders, persons with whom they share access information, a limited number of Federated employees and Federated's service providers who maintain website functionality. Federated does not permit the use of that information for any purpose, or the renting, selling, trading, or otherwise releasing or disclosing of information to any other party.
If you have opted to receive marketing information from Federated by e-mail, our policy requires that all messages include instructions for canceling subsequent e-mail programs. Some products or services from Federated are intended to be delivered and serviced electronically. E-mail communication may be utilized in such cases. Please do not provide any account or personal information such as Social Security Numbers, account numbers, or account balances within your e-mail correspondence to us. We will not use unsecured e-mail to execute transaction instructions, provide personal account information, or change account registration.
Surveys / Aggregate Data
Periodically, Federated may conduct surveys about financial products and services or review elements of customer information in an effort to forecast future business needs. We then generate reports that are used for Federated's planning, analytical and other corporate purposes.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
Federated reserves the right to modify this privacy statement at any time. We will notify you of any changes that may affect your rights under this policy statement.
We Welcome Your Comments